One week after Easter now, if you are looking for a way to make a dent in that Easter chocolate stash, look no further. After all, with all the chocolate going around, you might want to save the good stuff for eating…but what about those pesky mini easter eggs things, the ones that you know don’t even taste that great, but they are there and you casually end up eating a dozen per day? Here is a way to use them up and share them with family and friends.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 2 cups Cadbury Mini Easter Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat together butter and both sugars until smooth. Mix in your eggs and vanilla.
3. In a smaller bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into wet ingredients. Pour in your chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets about 1 to 2 inches apart. Next gently press 2 chocolate eggs on each cookie.
5. Bake in oven for 8 to 9 minutes, turning and rotating pans half way through until edges are lightly browned.
6. Let cool completely on racks. Can be frozen.