Last week we saw how to make your own homemade peanut butter, and all the reasons why you should. To get you inspired, here is a recipe idea to use up some of all that peanut-y goodness you have made (if you can stop yourself from eating with a spoon from the jar…).
- 1 cup of homemade peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 pinch of kosher or coarse sea salt
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and egg until well-combined. Fold in salt and dark chocolate chips until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Place tablespoon sized mounds of dough on a well-greased baking sheet and flatten the mounds with a fork in a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden-brown and transfer to wire racks to cool.
Images courtesy of cookingclassy.