Poires au brie
This is an easy dessert that anyone could make in thirty minutes, and it will surprise you that it is better than what you could get at most classy restaurants. Invite someone special over for dinner and impress them with a beautiful and culinary treat! The soft pears taste delicious with brie. The brie tastes amazing with the blueberry cream vinegar, and the crunchiness of the pistachios brings the whole dessert together as a perfect combination.
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp honey
Good brie (I prefer Scottish Clava Brie)
Blueberry Cream Vinegar (Available at the Continental Pantry on Church St.)
- Heat the oven to 130 degrees Celsius
- Fill an ovenproof pan with a little water and teaspoon of sugar
- Slice and core the pears. Rub the skin with olive oil and place facedown in the sugar water pan.
- Roast for approximately 30min – all pears are different, so take them out after 20min and check if they are tender. Poke them with a knife, or something else that is sharp. If you feel a lot of resistance, roast them for another 10min. If they are soft, go to the next step.
- Turn the pears and drizzle honey over them. Cut a slice of brie and lay on each half. Roast for another few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Generously drizzle blueberry cream vinegar over the pear halves and sprinkle over the pistachios.
- Bon appetite!