In Ethiopian culture most of the food is consumed directly with their hands. For us, finger food has a different connotation. And the best finger food? Puff pastry, of course.
(makes about 18 bundles)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 120 grams of soft cream cheese like philadelphia
- 50 grams of smoked salmon
- A little bit of milk or an egg
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, mix the cheese with the chopped salmon and chives.
- Unroll the sheet of puff pastry and cut in little squares.
- Put a spoonful of the salmon cream mixture on each square, placing it in one of the corners.
- Fold the pastry on itself, forming a triangle.
- Using a fork, press on the borders to seal the bundles.
- Brush with some milk or beaten egg
- Place on a baking paper-covered tray and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.