Spring has sprung, and nicer weather is finally on the horizon! These snacks are perfect for studying, enjoying warmer weather, or both!
This recipe is quick, easy and perfect for dipping your summer fruits into!
8 oz cream cheese (1 tub)
1 jar of Marshmallow fluff
Juice from one orange/lime
- Take the cream cheese out of fridge and let soften.
- When the cream cheese is soft enough to blend, add the fluff and orange juice and beat until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite fruit, like strawberries or grapes!
Hummus Guacamole Dip
Why not mix your two favorite dips together? The flavors blend beautifully and the recipe mostly consists of buying pre-made dip (because we’re all busy students!).
2 tubs of guacamole (feel free to make your own!)
1 tub of hummus (any flavor)
1 can of black beans, drained
1 cup of chunky mild/medium salsa
- Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy with any chips you want!
Homemade Granola Bars
100g butter, plus extra for greasing
200g porridge oats
100g sunflower seeds
50g sesame seeds
50g chopped walnuts
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100g dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries, or a mix
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Butter and line the base of a 18 x 25cm tin. Mix the oats, seeds and nuts in a roasting tin, then put in the oven for 5-10 mins to toast.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until butter is melted. Add the oat mix, cinnamon and dried fruit, then mix until all the oats are well coated. Tip into the tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 mins. Cool in tin, then cut into 12 bars.
Start your day smiling like the sun!
500ml carrot juice, chilled
200g pineapple (fresh or canned)
2 bananas, broken into chunks
1 small piece ginger, peeled
20g cashew nuts
Juice 1 lime
- Put the ingredients in a blender or nutribullet until smooth.
- Key tip: Keeps in the fridge for a day.