Chocolate brownies, particularly those with walnuts are in my opinion heaven on earth.
I myself am not a self-confessed chocaholic, but I can think of no occasion where I would ever turn down a brownie!
There is no excuse not to get into the kitchen to make these treats, as they take no time at all to whip up, aren’t sweet enough to induce a sugar hangover and make the perfect accompaniment to a study break of binge watching Netflix. Apologies to all those who gave up chocolate for Lent, I can assure you temptation will just be too much to resist!
125g soft unsalted butter
125g best dark chocolate
2 large eggs
1 dessert spoon of vanilla extract
170g caster sugar
75g plain flour
100g chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line and grease a small square baking tin.
2. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a heavy bottomed saucepan over a low heat. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until lightly frothy. Stir in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
4. Add the flour and walnuts to the batter and stir until fully incorporated.
5. Pour into the lined baking tin and bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, but watch closely to ensure they are firm but remain gooey in the middle, as they continue to cook in the tin whilst they cool.