They say the best gift you can give someone is your heart. But, as we all know, everything is simply better with chocolate. So this year do something different. Give them your heart, yes, but a molten and gooey chocolatey one.
All you need is one (or two) heart shaped ramekins. You can find these on eBay (with fast delivery they will be at your door in a matter of a couple of days) or probably even in Tesco.
You can bake these for your special someone or for your best friend, just to remind her new boyfriend that you will always have a special place in her heart. And trust me, if you bake these, the question “will you be my Valentine” can only have one answer: an inevitable yes, muttered through mouthfuls of delicious molten dark chocolate.
Ingredients (for 2):
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 60g dark chocolate
- 1 eggs
- 85g fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to simmering. Put the dark chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl and place the bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure that the bottom does not touch the water.
3. Once the butter and chocolate are melted, remove from heat and let cool.
4. In a separate bowl add the sugar, flour and the eggs and mix with a hand whisk.
5. Once they are mixed, beat in the cooled chocolate-butter mixture.
6. Pour the mixture in the two heart shaped buttered ramekins and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Serve on a plate with a spoon and a kiss.