Looking for a snack to cure those winter blues? These treats are guaranteed to warm up your stomach and heart!
110g pudding rice
55g sugar (granulated or caster)
1.2L (2 pints) of milk (whole, semi skimmed or skimmed)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Put it all into the slow cooker, stir it and turn it on to high and cover. After about an hour stir it then you can leave it till it has finished cooking.
- Add jam, syrup or honey to taste. But will also taste fab on its own.
Red Velvet Bites
450g cream cheese
2 tbsp of sugar
240g heavy cream
¼ tsp vanilla
½ baked red velvet cake, broken into crumbs
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add heavy cream and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer mixture to the freezer to firm up, 2 hours.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop small balls of mixture and use your hands to form the mixture into ball.
- Roll mixture in red velvet cake crumbs, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once all cheesecake bites are rolled, transfer to the refrigerator to chill and harden, at least 1 hour.
Hot Chocolate Fudge
2 x 400g (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 packets hot chocolate mix
350g of semi-sweet chocolate chips
350g of white chocolate chips
30g of mini marshmallows
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips. Microwave in 1-minute intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted. Combine with 400g of sweetened condensed milk and 2 packets hot chocolate mix.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate chips and microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted. Mix with second 400g of sweetened condensed milk.
- In a parchment-lined 20cm x 20cm baking dish, pour hot chocolate mixture. Top with white chocolate mixture, then sprinkle with marshmallow bits.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set. Cut into 3cm bars and serve.
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
240 ml (1 cup) milk
60 ml (1/4 cup) half and half
175g milk chocolate chips
1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
15g (1/4 cup) mini marshmallows
- Bring milk and cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat (do not boil).
- When the milk begins to steam, add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until just melted.
- Pour into a large mug. Top with mini marshmallows.