As deadlines loom and the days get darker it can be easy to fall into a funk; here are some fast and easy recipes using ingredients known to relieve anxiety!
Smash a quarter of an avocado on some multi-grain toast with a dash of paprika, pepper and some sun-dried tomatoes for a quick pick-me up. If you’re feeling particularly fancy, rub the bread with a crushed garlic clove before adding the avocado, or put a poached egg on top!
Salmon: A beautiful and brain-boosting main dish.
1/2 lemon juiced
1 clove garlic
- Melt the butter and mix with the lemon juice, chopped garlic, tarragon, and sliced shallot.
- Pour over salmon and place in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 20 minutes.
Yogurt & Blueberries: Combine these two revitalizing foods for a healthy spin on a frozen yogurt.
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Dash of cinnamon
Dried coconut flakes
Tablespoon chia seeds
- Mix the frozen blueberries in with Greek yogurt to get that frozen-yogurt texture
- Optional: add chia seeds to make it an even thicker consistency, with an added crunch! Add your desired toppings.
Dark chocolate: Make your own chocolate bark to munch on in those deadline-frenzy days!
2 bars dark chocolate
1 tablespoon chopped almonds
1 tablespoon dried ginger
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt chocolate in a pan and pour it into the parchment.
- Sprinkle with toppings and set in the freezer for a couple hours.
- Optional: mix different types of chocolate bars if you have a really sweet tooth- no one says it has to be 100% dark to reap the benefits, right?